Lawn and Landscape Maintenance MN
Let’s face it, lawn care and maintenance is not always at the top of everyone’s to-do list. You’ve spent hundreds or thousands of dollars sodding or seeding your yard, now what? How do you care for it? Water it? Fertilize it? Mow it? One thing’s for sure: these things need to be done!
Are there trees that need trimming? Hedges that need pruning and shaping? Dead trees that need to be cut down? Maybe you’re planning to do some light landscaping. Maybe even install a new sprinkler system. Now is the time to decide whether you want to undertake these tasks yourself or hire a Lawn Care company to do them.
Benefits Of A Health Lawn
More than 30 million acres of lawns exist in the United States. It’s estimated that these lawns remove 5 percent of the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere as well as provide money-saving cooling effects in the summer months.
A healthy lawn is of utmost importance to our environment. Turf’s power to generate oxygen has a major impact on the environment.
A well-maintained, 50-foot by 50-foot lawn produces enough oxygen for a family of four. Turf also provides pollution control by trapping dust and smoke particles from the atmosphere.
Grass is a natural air conditioner. Eight healthy front lawns have the cooling effect of 70 tons of air conditioning — enough to cool 16 average homes. Dense, healthy grass also slows down and filters runoff, removing contaminants and trapping soil. Fresh, filtered water then returns to the underground water supply.
In addition to its positive environmental impacts, a healthy lawn can also make a home more marketable, and in this tough housing market, a well-cared-for lawn can make or break a sale.
Homeowners can be proactive by working with a lawn care professional and putting together a program that ensures their lawns will be healthy and beautiful throughout the year.
The benefits of having a healthy lawn are numerous and often misunderstood, overlooked, or taken for granted. The following list provides a few things your lawn provides that you may have never considered or didn’t know.
- Cools the Air
- Produces Oxygen
- Filters Air & Reduces Pollution
- Captures & Suppresses Dust
- Recharges & Filters Groundwater Supply
- Reduces Storm Water Runoff
- Controls Soil Erosion
- Retains and Sequesters Carbon
- Assists Decomposition of Pollutants
- Restores Soil Quality
Community & Human Health Benefits
- Enhances Community Pride & Social Harmony
- Offers a Natural Playing Surface for Recreation
- Provides a Safe Surface & Reduces Injuries
- Promotes Outdoor Activity & Exercise
- Improves Physical & Mental Health
- Relieves Stress
- Lowers Allergy Related Problems
- Dissipates Heat & Cools the Environment
- Reduces Glare
- Diminishes Noise Pollution
- Minimizes Nuisance Pests
- Compliments Overall Landscaping
- Preserves Natural Wildlife Habitat
- Increases Property Values
- Reduces Home Cooling Costs
- Provides a Low-Cost Ground Cover
- Serves as a Fire Barrier
- Improves Visibility & Deters Crime
- Boosts Human Productivity
Perhaps you feel your grass isn’t as healthy as you’d like it to be or you feel there should be more shrubs or trees around the front of your house to make it look more naturally beautiful in its surroundings. Or maybe you would like to fix up your driveway, patio or sidewalks. Homeowners can consult with a Minnesota lawn care company to put together a custom program that that will have your neighbors green with envy.