Minneapolis Landscaping Company Minneapolis MN
You may already know that well-maintained lawns and landscapes can increase your property’s value. Landscaping, especially with trees, can increase property values as much as 20 percent. But did you know that maintaining a healthy lawn is also important to the environment?
A well-maintained, 50-foot by 50-foot lawn produces enough oxygen for a family of four. Turf also provides pollution control by trapping dust and smoke particles from the atmosphere.
Grass is a natural air conditioner. Eight healthy front lawns have the cooling effect of 70 tons of air conditioning — enough to cool 16 average homes. Dense, healthy grass also slows down and filters runoff, removing contaminants and trapping soil. Fresh, filtered water then returns to the underground water supply.
In addition to its positive environmental impacts, a healthy lawn can also make a home more marketable, and in this tough housing market, a well-cared-for lawn can make or break a sale. Taking it a step further, general landscaping, on average, reduces the time a house sits by 21% – more than a week off market time – and ups the selling price by 2.5% – an increase of more than $5,000.
Do It Yourself or Hire a Landscape Design Expert?
As homeowners, we are all interested in keeping our lawns looking their best, free of unsightly weeds and destructive lawn pests. It is important to know when doing it yourself is a good option and when it is best to hire a professional.
Hire a professional for:
- Landscape design and installation — Most people, with the exception of very experienced gardeners, do not feel comfortable designing a landscape, so they generally turn to professionals for landscaping design and installation help.
- New lawn installation or major repairs — Installing a new yard or repairing a damaged yard is difficult and time consuming. Professional companies have the equipment, training, and the skills to do this task, and to do it safely. It is important to the value of a home that the lawn is in good condition.
- Irrigation, aeration, and lighting projects — Projects such as installing irrigation systems, retaining walls, concrete patios and driveways, waterfalls and ponds, aerating a lawn, and installing outdoor lighting are usually done by people with professional grade equipment and expertise.
Do it yourself for:
- Maintenance — Some people opt to have lawn care and landscaping companies mow, weed, prune, and trim hedges on a regular basis. However, homeowners with an interest in gardening or who are looking to save money can do some of their own maintenance.
- Seasonal sprucing up — Homeowners can add a lot to their curb appeal by planting seasonal annuals, and by mulching and cleaning up plant beds.
Homeowners who decide to hire a professional, can consult with a Minnesota Landscaping company to put together a lawn maintenance program to monitor your property for diseases, insects, or other problem that might arise that ensures their lawns will be healthy and beautiful throughout the year.